We encourage all of our clients to create strong passwords for accessing our services. This means that passwords should:
- be a random, not easily guessable sequence of characters (e.g. DO NOT use guessable words and numbers like a name, age, year or place)
- be at least 8 characters long
- contain a combination of numbers and letters
- use both uppercase and lowercase letters
- include at least 2 special characters (e.g. !*&%)
- not be used for an other account
- only be stored in a secure password manager such as Keychain or Lastpass
If you believe a password you use has been compromised then you must change it immediately using the above guidelines. Similarly, if your computer is infected with a virus or malware of any kind we strongly recommend changing all passwords using the guidelines above.
We can offer further advice on creating secure and strong passwords to clients. Fill in our contact form and we’ll get in touch.